Friday, March 10, 2006

Things I have learned this week


Here is the real Daisy, thanks to Herschel & April for telling me how to get a picture out of my files. Her tribute remains. Thumbs up and much love to Daisy who left us on Wednesday March 1, 2006. She was really a wonderful dog (even if she chased April).

In keeping with April's and Michelle's traditions...here are a few things I have learned this week.
* The vet techs at South Athens know way more than I do.
*If your dog's hematocrit is 11.3, he needs a transfusion pronto.
*All dogs and cats have vomting and diarrhea all the time.
*It is really hard to get blood from the jugular vein of a cat.
*It is very hard to answer any questions related to my career correctly.
*Shit really smells.
*Some people really do believe that heartworm protection is optional.
*Pets can be oddly whimpy.
*Radiographs only show you something is wrong if the heart is big or if your dog ate a metallic object (or a potato!).
*My house is really quiet witout my dog.
* I really miss my peeps.

Hope to see you all soon! Love you...mean it.

4 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Blogger april said...

i think i'll miss being chased by daisy. i never met a dog with such an aversion to the kitchen that it could stop them from chasing poor little aprils.
hope things will look brighter soon....
no sad hats! (for too long anyways)

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Schlenker Doodle said...

I am sorry to hear about Daisy. Hope you are smiling soon and let me know if I can help out.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger beeza44 said...

we are here for ya. sometimes life sucks. hope you have luck in sc. love ya mean it

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger eb said...

my sympathies, and apologies for being so late about it. daisy and i may have gotten off to a rocky start, but i'm glad her love of cookies could overcome. she was a tough, lovely lady, and will be missed.

hugs to the hat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home